Not in the market to buy or sell a house? Here’s how a real estate agent can help you anyway.
By Myra Jensen, The Myra Jensen Team -Home Marketing Experts, Keller Williams Classic Realty NW, Licensed in MN
Wondering why your real estate agent is sending you recipe cards? Or Viking Schedules? Even after you have already moved in to your new home? Well, we typically spend weeks or months with each client and build relationships during that time. But what happens when the transaction is over? The relationship does not have to end. Even if you are not “in the market” to buy or sell a house, a good real estate agent can help you from time to time in ways you may not have thought of.
Here is a list of ways a real estate agent can help you even if you are not in the market to buy or sell a home. And in return? All we ask is that you think of us first, and call us when your friends and family are talking about buying or selling real estate, so that we can help them too.
- Home Market Value Thinking about refinancing but nervous about paying for a full-blown appraisal? Just curious about how much your house may be worth? Ask us to run a quick “Comparative Market Analysis” and we can give you an idea of how much your house may sell for in todays market.
- Monthly Updates on your neighborhood real estate market. Did you know that we offer a free monthly market report sent to your email so that you can keep up on the market trends? This report will also alert you when a property goes on the market or sells, so you will know how much your neighbor is asking for their home. Click here to sign up
- List of Trusted Vendors. Need some work done on your home? Check with us for our list of trusted local vendors that are chosen for their quality of work at a reasonable cost. We work with handymen, painters, electricians, etc. on a daily basis and will refer you to the best. Do you provide a service to homeowners? Contact us if you would like to be added to the referral partner list.
- Nationwide Network of trusted agents. Looking to purchase a home in a different area or state? Have a close family member or friend that needs to sell? We offer a service that will interview local agents to find the best fit and make sure you, or your referral is introduced to the best agent for them, and we will follow up to make sure they are happy.
- Vacation Home or Income Property purchase. We are rental property owners and also own a lake home vacation rental. We can help you with all aspects of your second home or cabin search. Just thinking about it? Feel free to call us to talk it through. It took us 2 years to find our lake home, it’s not typically a fast process, and we don’t pressure you to buy.
How a Real Estate Agent can help your friends and family when they are buying or selling a home:
- First Time Homebuyer Consultation. Buying your first home is a big deal. We sit down with our clients and walk them through the entire process, and make sure they are pre-approved by a trusted lender, before we start looking at houses.
- Home Staging. We walk through the entire home room by room with our clients and tell them how to get their house ready for the market. Myra has written many blogs on the subject of getting your home ready for sale. Following our advice will make sure your home sells quickly and for the best price.
- Marketing Consultation. We are Home Marketing Experts and all of our homes receive extensive online marketing including a custom website, marketing video, wide angle photos and much more. Find out more here.
- Expert Representation. With over 10 years of real estate experience in all types of markets, we have the experience in negotiation, buying and selling to make sure our clients goals are met in a way that works for them.
- Agents that you can trust. We want to be the “go-to” team that you are comfortable sending your family and closest friends to when they are looking to buy or sell a home. Our goal is to build relationships that do not end at the end of a transaction, we are here for you when you need us.